Athanasius was the the fourth century bishop of Alexandria and was a paramount force in the defense of the Trinity and the divinity of Jesus Christ. When reading this creed it is important to know that the “catholic” word is not the Roman Catholic Church, it is in reference to the “universal faith” of Christianity.
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.
5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit…
View original post 608 more words